Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"The Golden Palm-ers"

I was just reading about a group of students from the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA. They got together for sketch groups, field trips to movies and museums, and art-themed potlucks. Members included some very famous (and infamous) artists (see article). They called themselves the GP-ers after the apartment building they shared


Seeing any parallels, hmmmmm?


Anyway, after they graduated, members would hide the initials "GP" in their professional work. Sort of an inside joke...

I'd like to propose that, at some point in our various careers, we each hide "S.O.T." somewhere in our artwork.

2 comments:

  1. We are kind of like a cult. :D
    I've been writing The Sons of Turner, Savannah 2010 on the backs of my work that's Savannah related. I guess thats kinda similar? I should put it on the front...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, well I guess that works. What I had in mind was painting "SOT" on a car license plate or on a sign in the background of a larger image. You know, like a little detail you'd only notice if you're really looking over a painting...

    ReplyDelete