I happened to see Kristen Kernats (KEEEEERRRRRRNNNNNAAAATTTTTSSSS!) had found me on twitter and mentioned Maine, which had me suddenly have a moment of vertigo as this particular passage of the HTSaHM popped into my head.... and all I have to say is thank God I remembered it... It might just save all our lives....
TEN PLACES NEVER, EVER, EVER TO GO UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES:
1. Rooms lit by a single hanging lightbulb
2. Rooms lit by nothing
3. Any graveyard that isn't Arlington National Cemetery
4. Summer camps whose annual counselor murder rate exceeds ten percent
6."The Old _____________"
7. Hotels/Motels that aren't part of giant national chains
10. Any log cabin anywhere on the face of the earth
S0 there you have it. Since #5 is especially poignant, I think we all need to take a small breather here and consider our options.... I know I'm packing a knife and a few grenades for the trip. I suggest you all do likewise....