Friday, March 11, 2011

Busy week

This has been one of the busiest weeks since forever ago.
Put up the fine art show at school (that was emotionally AND physically tiring), taught three classes a day (kind of, when I wasnt in the gallery) including four days of three minute gestures, finished and framed this big commission for a client at 2.30 in the morning on the day of the hand-in http://mbkstudios.blogspot.com/
(for a while I thought I was going to miss my deadline for the first time in 21 years), arranged flights to Maine, met with a contractor about external works at the studio, paid my sales taxes for the end of 2010, wrote a pr piece for the East Pilsen Business Alliance, designed and submitted a half page ad for my studio,
hurriedly built a new website to itemise all works available in the studio,
http://web.me.com/mbkri/mbkstudios/In_the_Studio.html
talked with Caleb, then Tom, Rich and Duncan about an exhibition in the fall for the Hollow project, developed a brief for a competition for the school library, negotiated rehearsal space in my building for a theatre group and agreed to curate an exhibition for them, AND tried to be a husband and father to the boys.

Today I started the first of three paintings of Boston architecture that I have to submit on Wednesday.
This has been an unusually busy week and I cant say that I've done everything very well.

1 comment:

  1. Mat, remember it''s about quality, not quantity ^^

    On a serious note, thanks for the work you've already done on behalf of The Hollow Project. I am seriously in your debt. You need help with anything, call in a favor...

    ReplyDelete