Friday, June 1, 2012

summary thoughts, after the Maine trip


The website is coming offline in a few days due to Apple restructuring (canceling) some of its programs, so I wanted to pull this off the SOT website and save it to our blog. Note that science writing this I now HAVE an iPad, courtesy of the Sons of Turner. Looking forward to Saugatuck. MBK


No one died except:A lot of lobstersand Petey the Oven bird


2 Cups broken


There was banditry on the second trip. The Moustache brothers struck hard and struck often


Gabs painted more than any human has ever painted before


None of us was any good at the standup bass


8 is the perfect number for a trip like this


Its not necessarily WHAT you paint but THAT you do work and move forwards. I painted seascapes and guns but I feel that I have moved forwards as an artist


I want an iPad


Tattoos were had.


Sherry likes the idea of developing an icon for each trip.


Maine would be a moustacheSavannah would be Jessie’s crabSanta fe maybe the little turtle that we made sculptures with at the kitchen table?


Rum seems to be the beverage of the sons of Turner and of pirates


Being on a boat


Talking in a foppish southern accent


Johnny depp, giant squid etc


On the plane on the way home I was able to reflect on the week and the three years and I have to say, I believe there’s some momentum now. We are truly becoming something more than just people who go on a trip together.



No comments:

Post a Comment